Our goal is to create a great community and fellowship for the members of the guild. MMORPG's are more than just video games. They are a source of entertainment, adventure and escape/relaxation; however, they are also a community of friends.
We are not an "elite" guild. We are open to all players who want to join. Real life is more important than the game at all times. We are tolerant and patient with new players and try to help them learn the game and their character. Our goal is to play and have fun as a team continuing to beat new challenges. We do not enter flame wars in public forms or in trade chat, we do not brag about content completed. Nor do we race other guilds to be the first to beat these new challenges. We maintain our belief in members first while still advancing through end game content and having a lot of fun while doing so.
1. Guild First: We expect all members to ensure that all actions they take are done in the mindset of 'guild first'. Anything a member does reflects on the overall guild image and on all fellow members. We expect members to only take actions that reflect positively on the guild image.
2. Participate In Guild Events. Hunts, Raids, Events and other in game activities occur all the time. Take place in as many of them as possible. We understand people have lives and cannot live within the online world and that is ok. But if you are online, and we are having a guild event of some sort, come join in on the fun.
3. Leadership roles in Elegant Nightmares are decided based on demonstrated ability as well as the need for a leader in a particular spot. You can be assured that your leaders are working hard to make the game more fun for you. While the reason behind every decision may not always be apparent at the moment an order is issued, all orders from officers need to be immediately followed. If errors are made, they should be reported to Triquesta and/or Oblayo where they will be dealt with and, if needed, changes made to the officer team. Absent those changes, all officers should be listened to as though it was one of the GM’s issuing the order.
4. Deadweight is not needed in the guild. Failure to maintain an acceptable level of activity will result in your removal. If you need to take a leave of absence, please inform one or both of the GMs.
Standards of Conduct
1. Swearing and vulgarity in guild chat and mumble is totally possible. We only ask that during daytime hours when members children may be on playing their parents toons that you keep guild chat somewhat clean. I think I can speak for all the parents of young children here when I say that I really do not wish to explain to my 9yr old what a vibrator is.
2. No begging for money or equipment. If there is something in the Guild Bank that you need and you can not pull it out yourself, speak with a Gm or Officer to see how or if you may gain access to it.
3. If you have an issue with a player from the guild and cannot resolve it with them please bring the matter to an officer's attention. If you have a problem with an officer please see a Guild Leader, If the problem is with the guild leader, see the other guild leader
4. Guildies and their mains will always come first in raid situations unless a certain class is needed to fill that spot.
5. During any guild meeting...ANYONE can say what they need to say and there will be no repercussions because of it, as long as what is said is not offensive to anybody. Start cussing out a Gm or Elder and the door will be found for you.
6. Anybody can /w a Guild Leader or Officer anytime they need to talk to them. Though, we do ask if it is during a raid, please try to keep it short, or ask to speak with them after raid. There are other people in the raid that is counting on them to do their job.
7. Elegant Nightmares is made up of many members from varying backgrounds, we ask that you take that in mind while chatting in guild. If someone requests that a subject not be discussed in guild, then please be respectful and take the chat to a private channel or whisper. If you think the person is being petty or unfair, take the issue to a Gm or Officer.
8. Elegant Nightmares does not tolerate racism, gay bashing or talk of harming children. Violate this and the door will be found for you in a speedy fashion.
There are two GMs of the guild. All decisions are ultimately made or ratified by them. They will apply past experiences and feedback from officers. Each Gm has 1 vote, they lead the guild together and make all decisions that involve the guild together. Should an issue arise in which the Gms can not agree on a resolution then each will present the situation and their case to the Elders. The Elders will weigh in with their third vote. The overall goal of all decisions is to make Elegant Nightmares the best guild possible for all members. Feedback from members is encouraged and plays a large part in the decision making process. Gms have an open door policy and that anything presented in a respectful manner is read, considered and weighs into final decisions.
Second GM rank, refer to the above.
Are relied heavily on for feedback. They are the eyes and ears of the Gms . Have full removal rights, Access to last tab in the bank and count as a collective third Gm vote if the two Gms can not come to an agreement on an issue. They will hear the issue at hand, both of the Gms thoughts and get to weigh in on the situation. The commanders votes count as one Gm vote with majority ruling.
Responsible for all actions taken with or for the bank, handles any monetary transactions, auctions and ensures what is needed in the bank is in the bank.
Magistrates are considered jr officers and are integral in the feedback process. They are your raid leaders, class leaders and Elders in training. If for some reason the two Gms can not come to an agreement on an issue, and the Elders can not as well, it will be handed down to the Magistrates. Again hearing the situation and thoughts on it before casting their vote. Again majority rules and their votewill count as one.
These people have been in the guild for a min of a month, have proven themselves via raids, dungeons and are geared for current content. They will always come first for invites to a raid unless the spot they would take is needed for another class. IE: Raider dps is on and wanting to go, all dps spots are filled by raiders and what is needed is a healer. THEN, if so desired by a raider they may switch to a geared alt to fill a needed spot such as a healer or tank.
Members in good standing, have been in the guild no less than 2 weeks. Gaining more access to the guild bank and guild repairs.
Your starting rank, the freshest faces in Elegant Nightmares. Say hi and get to know them, make them feel welcome.
Somewhere you never want to be. There are a few reasons a person may end up as exiled. One, they are really exiled for one reason or another that is between them, the Gms and Elders. They will remain there for time determined at the time of offence. Another reason one may find themselves on probation is the possibility of your account being hacked. If unusual activity is seen by an officer or gm you will be moved to this rank to protect the guild bank from any farther damage by a hacker.
Exactly what it stands for. 'Missing in Action'.
Rules for Raiding
A raid will have a start time posted on the calendar. Please sign up on the calendar, those signed up and online on time will be taken first. If you are not on by start time, your position will be filled, unless prior arrangements were made with raid leader.
1. Mumble is required! No mumble, no raid! You need to be able to hear instructions, hear any changes made on the fly. Or call outs made during the raid.
2. Be prepared! At start time have your Stat foods, Potions and regents ready. You are not the only person in the raid and frankly it is rude to ask everyone to wait on you so you may take care of this. If you cant log on until right at raid time. Prepare yourself the night before. Have ALL of your enchants and gems already DONE! We will no longer wait for someone to gem up or enchant up because they forgot, or didn't feel like it prior to raid start.
3. Have required mods installed and updated. As of right now, the only required mod is DBM. We do though highly suggest class specific mods such as Vuhdo, Omenthreat, and others.